Skimmer and Main Drain

Tenna1970

Feb 12, 2019
Gulf Breeze
I haven’t changed or questioned the settings our pool maintenance tech had set prior to taking over the maintenance myself. He told me the setting is the direction the handle is in, not the arrow. Didn’t make sense to me then and doesn’t now. This is a photo of how it’s been set for the last two years. We get a lot of sand in the pool and fine dirt from the nine palms surrounding it. Is this the best setting for these conditions? Is the arrow actually pointed to the correct setting or is it the handle? Still a newly......
Thanks much!

Attachments

• CEB3AD88-48C3-4994-8D31-4A6DB37AF06B.jpeg
    CEB3AD88-48C3-4994-8D31-4A6DB37AF06B.jpeg
    769.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 1DA99905-C4B1-42E3-8A11-A56E490AE00E.jpeg
    1DA99905-C4B1-42E3-8A11-A56E490AE00E.jpeg
    655.6 KB · Views: 11
He told me the setting is the direction the handle is in, not the arrow.
Yeah, that can be confusing depending on which way you like to view the handle. I agree it looks good right now at about 80% skimmer and 20% drain. If you are the kind of pool owner who likes to sweep dust to the drain, you can always open the drain a little more during those periods. Having the skimmer open more (like it is now) is nice to encourage leaves and bugs into the skimmer quickly before they sink.

Yeah, that can be confusing depending on which way you like to view the handle. I agree it looks good right now at about 80% skimmer and 20% drain. If you are the kind of pool owner who likes to sweep dust to the drain, you can always open the drain a little more during those periods. Having the skimmer open more (like it is now) is nice to encourage leaves and bugs into the skimmer quickly before they sink.
Thanks much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.