Sizing a Stenner Peristaltic pump for liquid chlorine.

Jun 11, 2012
Hey there! I've read many, many threads on peristaltic pumps and I'm ready to take the plunge since I've started solely using 12.5% bleach to feed my pool. Rather than pour it in, I want to go with the Stenner pump (45M1) option to constantly feed it the chlorine it needs.

However, I wanted to make sure the Stenner was only on when the pump was on. My Variable speed Hayward "always" has power however as it's connected to 220v and then the E-command controller talks with the pump on when to come on. So I got the bright idea to just wire the Stenner in with my AUX1 connection which is my Polaris booster pump for the Polaris 280 cleaner. It is also interlocked with the variable speed pump which means it can't come on unless the main variable speed pump is running. The booster comes on for about an hour each day and cleans the pool. (We have few leaves) Couldn't I just run the Stenner for the same time each day while the cleaner runs and dose with chlorine for 1 hour at a faster speed on the variable Stenner pump?

Any faulty logic you guys are seeing here? I just need to get the 220v version of the Stenner I think.

Sounds good to me. With the adjustable injection pump you can dial in the amount you need to inject during the run time. You'll need to go with a pump large enough to make sure it can inject the amount needed.
For a 22,000 gallon pool you're going to require about 2 quarts of 12% per day. so you need a pump that will inject that much in an hour. That looks like a 45M3 or a 45MHP22 will do the job. Depends on whether you want the 25 PSI or the 100 PSI model.

Sounds good to me. With the adjustable injection pump you can dial in the amount you need to inject during the run time. You'll need to go with a pump large enough to make sure it can inject the amount needed.
For a 22,000 gallon pool you're going to require about 2 quarts of 12% per day. so you need a pump that will inject that much in an hour. That looks like a 45M3 or a 45MHP22 will do the job. Depends on whether you want the 25 PSI or the 100 PSI model.
We would suggest the 45M3 as the psi on the return side is usually around 25 psi and a check valve is not needed. We hope this may help.

Reactions: nognielsen

Thank you so much. So i assume the GPD on the pump specs is for running the pump 24 hours a day? so if I run mine for one hour I just need to divide it by 24 to determine approximate output?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.