Size of zeosand

Sand and Zeosand in general does not have anything to do with the pump. Mostly has to do with the laterals in your sand filter, which it will be fine with the zeosand. Just remember to use a pebble bed first to cover the laterals as instructed on the manual. Then fill with the appropiate amount of zeosand. Just to be safe, zeo does not like high flow rates, and you seam to have a 1 speed pump. I would recommend a 2 speed pump. You also need to wash the zeosand first as it will dirty up the pool if you use it directly to filter.

Just stick with sand - be sure to get pool sand. Get enough to fill 2/3 to 3/4 of your vessel. I just dumped out 200+# worth of zeo & replaced it with sand due to poor results (coming out of the returns/ not filtering well etc) - it looked like dark kitty litter & was all clumped up after 2 seasons🤢(it started out white) i have never used clarifier or really anything besides liquid chlorine, salt,cya, & a touch of muriatic acid.

Zeo works, it just has different properties than sand and can not be treated as sand. When people change to zeo they are told its like sand and that is why most people fail at using it. I have been using it successfully for 3 years.

EA993AA4-0F5E-404D-B7C9-404D4B179540.jpeg

I should add that i have a single speed 1.5hp pump which is not really ideal for the zeo but its the only combo they give everyone at my local Family Leisure. I tried to decline the zeo at installation to no avail & then struggled with it for 2 seasons. I certainly do not miss the poof of it coming out of my returns every time my pump comes on.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Sure, first Zeo has to be fully washed before use, either by the hose method or Backwash if you have a MPV. After zeo is cleaned then you can use it on filtering mode but you mainly need a VS pump because, Zeo likes low and slow. If you ever exceed flow rate more than 15-18GPM it will not filter. Backwash and Rinse has to be done at 26-31GPM. You cant backwash often, i do it every 8-12 months. If you ever forget to put the MPV on recirculate when using your water features at higher GPM you will flush all the dirt back into the pool, which is very frustrating as it takes a full week for the zeo to clean it back up at low and slow GPM.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.