Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
I thought I’d post a snapshot of a little tool I made to make draining excess water a little easier when it’s pouring rain outside. Obviously if you have an auto drain, this would not be necessary but this works great if you don’t.

The PCV pipe drops down into the water at the height I want the water to not fall below to make sure it doesn’t drain too much out. The hose that’s coming in from the bottom of the picture is attached to my outside spigot. When it’s raining and the pool is at risk over overflow, I can turn on the spigot, and water will start flowing into the pool as well as out through the hose that’s at the top of the picture and runs down hill to a grassy area of the backyard. Once water is coming out both ends, I can shut the spigot off and the siphon starts draining the water to the lower area of the yard and then stops once the level gets to the end of the PCV pipe.
I don’t leave it there all the time but if I know a big storm is coming, I’ll set it out just in case. I can also extend the pipe down a bit to use it when the pool is closed and covered with the mesh safety cover and keep the water below the skimmers.

DCA3F27B-2B03-461F-A5B0-AD7DCABFB87E.jpeg

Outstanding! :goodjob:

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.