Sink Pavers?

Jun 3, 2015
NJ
Are sinking pavers strictly for protecting the liner from rubbing up against the paver?
I have an 18x9x52” rectangular pool. I am using 15x15x2” pavers.
Currently I have the pavers on one long side sunk whole the pavers on the opposite long side sitting on firm ground And not sunk.
If I run a 10’ 2x4 across the pool, I show level.
How important is sinking my remaining 15x15x2“ pavers?

We have the exact same size pool as you do, and we are using 24x24x2 pavers for the legs. In the lowest spot where the pool is, the paver is barely sunk in (like about 1"). Since our ground is somewhat unlevel, we had to sink all the other ones (pic). If the pool you have is the same kind as our Intex pool with the legs angling outward, with a 15x15 paver, by the time you get it centered where the legs will end up, it will still be far enough from the pool where the liner will not touch it.
1590585119196.png

We have the exact same size pool as you do, and we are using 24x24x2 pavers for the legs. In the lowest spot where the pool is, the paver is barely sunk in (like about 1"). Since our ground is somewhat unlevel, we had to sink all the other ones (pic). If the pool you have is the same kind as our Intex pool with the legs angling outward, with a 15x15 paver, by the time you get it centered where the legs will end up, it will still be far enough from the pool where the liner will not touch it.
View attachment 142185
Thank you for replying. I spent yesterday sinking all the rest. This is my first rectangular pool. I erected the pool to determine where the pavers would need to go and placed them. I filled the pool with water today and I am 1“ off. Not to bad. You are right though, the legs are far enough Out that They would not have touched the paver.
Next season, before I put the pool back up, I will be able to level the pavers to each other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.