Single speed pump vs. Variable speed pump

Solubility of salt is 360,000 ppm of salt.
teaspoon in a glass of water is right at about the solubility point.
A pool is only 3,500 ppm so that glass of gargle water is about 100x as salty as a pool. BUT, the reason it's cloudy is that when you make that gargle water, everyone puts in way more than a teaspoon of salt! So you are seeing the undisolved salt in the water.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Solubility of salt is 360,000 ppm of salt.
teaspoon in a glass of water is right at about the solubility point.
A pool is only 3,500 ppm so that glass of gargle water is about 100x as salty as a pool. BUT, the reason it's cloudy is that when you make that gargle water, everyone puts in way more than a teaspoon of salt! So you are seeing the undisolved salt in the water.
That’s what I figured. If salt made pools cloudy, I doubt anyone on TFP would use it haha. I just didn’t know if it would be different since I don’t have a SWG. Again, I don’t know anything about saltwater systems. Thank you for breaking it down for me! 🙂
And yes, I put way more than a teaspoon in it if it’s a bad toothache lol

That’s what I figured. If salt made pools cloudy, I doubt anyone on TFP would use it haha. I just didn’t know if it would be different since I don’t have a SWG. Again, I don’t know anything about saltwater systems. Thank you for breaking it down for me! 🙂
And yes, I put way more than a teaspoon in it if it’s a bad toothache lol

The only real difference between a saltwater pool and non-saltwater pool is the saltwater pool has the ability to create its own chlorine via electrolysis. Even the salt levels in the two pools are similar. Very low. The ocean is 35 ppt, saltwater pools are about 3 ppt and non-saltwater pools are about 2 ppt (once they have been running for a couple years).

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.