Single return bubbling with weak water flow

Schottfamily

Jul 9, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
I've noticed that when my vsp Jandy pump is running on low speed one of my three returns is bubbling and has a very weak flow. The return in question is the farthest from the pump. The bubbling alternates between several small bubbles and one to two large bubbles about every 15 - 45 seconds. Any suggestions? Should this be a cause for concern?

Most likely the bubbles are from your SWG. I get the same before on lower speeds. If you want to experiment to prove this, turn of the SWG, run the pump on high for a few minutes until the bubbles stop, and then switch to low and see if the bubbles continue or stop.

Reactions: Schottfamily
I wouldn't worry about the lower flow on one return. If it feels strong on high speed, the return is fine. Issue is most likely due to the run length of that return vs the other returns. PBs don't go much out of their way to make sure the lines have equal head loss.

Reactions: Schottfamily
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.