Since borates it seems my PH is usually higher

linen said:
easttn said:
Your getting 1.75% more chlorine with the aqua chem so you should be paying less than 1.75% increase over the price of the bleach since they are both the same size (121oz).
If the GV bleach is $2.98, then multiply that by 1.0175 to get the price of the aqua chem that would be an equal price. You get $3.03. If the aqua chem is more than $3.03 then its a worse value, if its less than $3.03 then its a better value.
I think you made an error. Assuming both brands are the same volume, then 10/8.25= 1.21 (you get 21% more chlorine) so 2.98X1.21 = $3.61 (if aqua chem is more than this it a better value to buy the great value)

:shock: Woops. You are right. I had to think about what I did and how you come up with yours. :idea: I used 16.5/8.25=2 (which is twice as much clorine) then 2x$2.98=$5.96 (which is twice the price, so will be equal value). I guess I didnt think that one through. Thanks for the correction. Use linen's figures. Also there is a liquid chlorine calculator floating around somewhere that will tell you cost per ounce.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.