Simple NodeJS PoolController setup

randytsuch

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I wrote instructions on how I setup the NodeJS PoolController program on a pi3 with a RS485 interface to my Aquarite SWG.

The instructions are specific for the aquarite, but it would be pretty straightforward to apply to other equipment.

With njsPC, you don't need any automation, basically just need a pi, a RS485 interface board, power supply and you can control lots of stuff, saving cost of expensive control systems. Add some relays and a temp sensor, and you can get fancy. So now I can control my SWG settings from my PC or phone or anything with a browser.

It was also easier to get going then I thought it would be. Took me a couple evenings to setup the pi and install all the SW. And I wired it all up this morning, had it working by just after lunchtime.

Randy

Lots of reasons to update. There have been a bunch of updates/additions and we just added the ability to dose chemicals using volume over time functionality. This is complete with dosing strategies that shut down chlorinators while dosing, flow switch integration, tank levels, dosing history, and remote manual dosing. This is for those folks that need control over their Stenner pumps and do not have probes.

Attachments

• 2022-08-15_13-33-33.png
    2022-08-15_13-33-33.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
Installing was easier than I thought it would be, so updating should be no problem.

Only issue I'm having right now is I can't set the SWG from Home Assistant. I get the output setting, but can't change it from there. Not a big deal, I set it from the dashboard.
EDIT: The issue above was resolved, I needed to upgrade to a newer version of Home Assistant. Now I can change the SWG setting from a HA screen. Between reading the LEDs and for 485 status, I get a good idea of what's going on with my SWG without having to go to it and push the diagnostics button.

Randy

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.