Sim-a-round: Anyone seen or use one of these?

I got one when they first came out, before I joined TFP. Expensive, and I HATED it. Hoses everywhere, the dang thing never sat correctly in the water, was useless. I actually liked the Intex over the wall skimmer better!

Now I have a thru wall skimmer. All is well.

Well, according to the video on their website, the one that drops into the skimmer opening creates a vortex that will suck alot of air into your system, along with whatever floating debris there is. Basiclly what they have done is created the same effect as a lower water level by raising the height of the skimmer basket. Will it work, yes. Will it cause problems, most likely yes. You could just lower the water level and save $35 bucks.

What problem are you trying to solve with this device?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to the one that floats around the pool.

It just popped into my Facebook feed and was curious if anyone had used one before. I don’t actually have a problem I’m trying to solve.

I forgot to search before posting and yes there are a lot of hits and most don’t think it’s worth the price.

Was just wondering if it did a better job than my current skimmer setup. I’m always looking for ways to do things better but make sure I do the research and ask questions first.

The thing is, it is not increasing the flow rate ... you will get just as much flow through the skimmer mouth. The water may swirl and look faster in the basket itself, but amount of water entering the skimmer is the same.

I can imagine that some may think it helps because they do not have a functional weir door on their skimmer and this is pulling the water from closer to the surface into the basket, so it may actually help. Then again so would a functional wier ;)

Another possible benefit I could see specific to my pool ... I have a LOT of floating debris and often that gathers in the skimmer, but stays at the surface packed it which prevents more debris from being pulled into the skimmer. If this basket were able to pull that debris down into the basket, then more debris could be pulled in past the weir. It is worth me buying to try out? Not in my opinion as I certainly do not want to be pulling air into the system :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.