Silly Speedstir question

+1 for no reagents in the pool.

Testing outdoors is counter to good testing methods, which include consistency, which outdoor lighting does not provide.

I test in my laundry room, and pour chemicals down the laundry sink, right into the drain, so as to leave as little residue in the sink as possible, none if I can. Then I run the faucet a bit to get the reagents out of the trap.

I've lost the pill a few times down the drain. My trap is very easy to disassemble, so I don't worry about pouring the pill out with the chems. The pill has made it past the drain twice in nine months.

First thing I did was purchase an extra pill. Just in case I lost one.

Kitchen, kitchen sink? No way.

Across my fingers? No way.

In my pool? No way.

My motto: why go 100% when 200% will do!

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. This turned out to be a more interesting discussion than I had even expected! I guess I hadn’t even contemplated not dumping back into the pool (because of the small amounts) but it sounds like maybe I shouldn’t be doing so!

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. This turned out to be a more interesting discussion than I had even expected! I guess I hadn’t even contemplated not dumping back into the pool (because of the small amounts) but it sounds like maybe I shouldn’t be doing so!

Funny because I never considered putting them back in the pool but the thought of chemicals on my skin never crossed my mind!

I have a 12K gallon pool. I can move the measurable pH of that entire body of water with just 3 oz of muriatic acid. In less than a year I've easily gone through 3 oz of reagent, and I'm glad it's not in my pool, no matter what it will or won't do to the water...

I have had 3 different pool boy companies in my 6 years of pool ownership. They all dumped the used reagents into the pool. Now I’m my own pool boy and I don’t do that. But I doubt those few drops of reagents could harm the water.

“My motto: why go 100% when 200% will do!”

I love that! I might change it some as my new motto: “Why settle for 100% when 200 is attainable?”

I also use the sink in my laundry room, and overflow the vials before pouring them out in my hand with the water still running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.