Silly Design Question

mamasmith

Bronze Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Canton, GA
Hey All!

I was wondering ... how many of you matched your outdoor decor (furniture, pillows, umbrellas, etc) to ...

1. Your pool tile and/or color?

2. Your house color?

3. Your landscape colors?

4. Did your own thing and didn't worry about matching anything?

Thanks! I can't wait to see the answers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't "match", but rather did a large color group (lime green, turquoise, yellow, orange, periwinkle, and red). All the cushions, pillows, etc are from the color group but are all different. I have stripes, flowers, solids, scrolls, and swirls.

I just put in my landscape last week and aimed to coordinate the colors somewhat, but it's looking like my "peach" roses are more of a "pink", which is NOT in my color group...oh well...I love color!!

Treated the pergola like its own space. Started with a colorful rug. Chose furniture cushions in a contrasting color. Haven't found chaise lounges for poolside we like, yet...new pool last year. Don't think we'll try to match or contrast with the pergola setup.

Thanks all! I have a very distinctive house color and the pool is going to have glass tile in a very rustic setting. Just trying to wrap my head around the best way to compliment everything.
3d6b6b64b2ec2a65332b282568ff9e8c.jpg

House is Herbivore - Trim is creamy white and windows are a rustic red.

My glass tile:

e027c4d36c05bae28ed0f8c70b2a2d02.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my! That house color and the tiles both are GORGEOUS!!! You can't go wrong! I'd play up greens and blues for sure, and the copper of your windvane would be a beautiful accent color too. Sunbrella makes fabric outdoor cushions in lovely blues and greens.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks so much Maddie!! On the front porch I pulled out the red from the windows.
d1105f4c64cbe2902f73941251b061f1.jpg

But with the green glass tiles in the pool, I feel like the red will be overwhelming. I think you're right - blues and greens with copper accents!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.