Signature Matrix Tahoe with Sapphire Blend Glass Installed Today

We LOVE the color of your pool and are considering the same type of custom mix. Two questions—why did you decide to go with the custom mix? and would you do anything different now? (I’m asking because we are looking for a blue-gray color without green hints and it’s really difficult to find.)

We LOVE the color of your pool and are considering the same type of custom mix. Two questions—why did you decide to go with the custom mix? and would you do anything different now? (I’m asking because we are looking for a blue-gray color without green hints and it’s really difficult to find.
Tahoe blue will give you that blue gray base for sure. It has a blend of white, black and beige-brown rocks in it. The only reason I had them add the sapphire blend glass is because I wanted to see some sparkle when the sun hit the finish (especially pretty on the sunshelf). I was looking at adding abalone but didn't want the rusting issues that come with it down the line. I was also told the shimmer may fade over time since it's a shell. That will never happen with glass. It just added a bit of color to the pebble mix too. Some of the glass is iridescent which really catches the reflection of the sun. It's super pretty. They added two 40 lb bags of glass to the mix and then hand casted it over the bottom of the pool, steps and sunshelf. This is the pool around 4pm and you can see how pretty it still is even as the shade comes over the pool. I love the way it looks this time of day! The last lagoon finish we had before we resurfaced, the pool would have looked black this time of day.

Attachments

• 20210429_200159.jpg
    20210429_200159.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 66
I got some full sun pictures today! When the sun comes back out 😑 I'll try to capture the beads glistening on the sunshelf 😍
I had 2 questions. We just had the same color wet edge Tahoe Signature Matrix installed a few days ago. The water color is greenish with Tap water, and they just put the start up chemicals today. When taking a picture and looking at it on a screen the water looks way more blue.

1. Did the water color change after startup was finished?
2. Does the water color look more green in person, compared to the photos of your blue on the screen?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.