side wall liner slack ?

Jul 28, 2015
Plainfield NH
Hi,

I'm in my third year as a pool owner. But this year I left my 18 foot intex in the basement and accepted a 24 foot AGP from a friend.

I purchased a new liner. This is the type of pool with a steel wall and upper and lower rails.

My question is how do I know I'm leaving enough Slack in the side walls of the liner as I fill it up? I have about 7 inches of water in currently.

-Brian

Brian. It's been a few yrs since I put one in. But it wasn't real hard to do. My liner was an over the top liner, not a beaded one. I had someone help me center it in the pool and lowered it to wher the liner just touched the bottom. We used the spring type of clothes pins and clamped the liner to the top of the wall. As water started filling we kept going around the pool and letting a little liner down into the pool until the whole bottom was covered and liner was laying flat. After a few inches oh water in the pool we pulled the liner taunt and installed the factory clips and started putting on the top rail. After the pooled water got within a couple of inches from the skimmer and return area, that's when I cut those in and installed the skimmer and eyeball return in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.