Shower water run off into pool

Oct 4, 2016
Western Australia
Hi all,

I recently installed an outdoor shower near the new pool and it seems about 50% of the water from the shower drains into the pool (was designed to drain away from the pool but paver seems to have erred somehow). Anyway, the kids mainly use the shower for rinsing off prior to entering the pool and showering after using liquid soap.

Would like to know if run off will potentionally cause any balancing issues.

I will fix the issue at some point in the near future but don't know what to do at the moment.

30K LT BRP fibreglass pool, Astral ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral EVO320 varible speed pump, Astral Viron Ai EQ3 SWG, Astral 9KW BPA400 heat pump, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner

Can do. Foaming doesn't appear to be an issue. A few bubbles develop but dissipate very quickly. Not much water is going into the pool compared to the nearby drain.

My may concern is how the small amount of detergent will affect the water balance, if at all. I will monitor over the coming weeks.

30K LT BRP fibreglass pool, Astral ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral EVO320 varible speed pump, Astral Viron Ai EQ3 SWG, Astral 9KW BPA400 heat pump, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.