Should you put bleach in a pool with no pump running?

tm8747a

May 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON, Canada
My pool equipment had to be disconnected as part of my landscaping project because they're going to relocate them inside the shed. I'm not sure when they're going to be able to come back and take care of it, so meanwhile my pool is getting pretty green. Is it OK to dump bleach in it or will it damage the liner or anything else if there's no water circulation happening?

Stir liquid chlorine in the water using your pool brush if the pump is not running.

I too had a concern about treating the water without a pump/filter for circulation on an"Under Construction" pool, but it has worked better than expected.
Stir with in the chlorine with a net or a robotic pool cleaner worked well for me.

Have a new Fiberglass pool under construction. Has been about 2/3 full of water for 3+ weeks as we waited to resolve some issues and for a different skimmer to arrive. Construction has resumed, but will be about a week before the equipment is online.
In the meantime wanted to maintain clear swimmable water. Been testing using the simple K-1000 test kit which is part of the TFP-100 kit to monitor chlorine. Adding liquid bleach as needed. Also tested pH and CYA and adjusted some as recommended in the pool math app. Other maintenance items include netted the floating debris, bugs, and a squirrel, and setting the Dolphin M600 aka "Ariel" to roam the bottom for sunken treasures varying from leaves, pine straw, dirt and gravel, to dust from the newly cut wall fittings. But Ariel has refused to collect the lone shiny thing (screw) in the deep end.

Very pleased with the outcome with near crystal clear water. The PB was very surprised when they returned as they typically deal with the water after the pump/filter/SWG are online.

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 15
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.