Should you always bring to shock level upon opening?

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Pulled off cover today & everything’s looking great! Should i raise to shock level or save my bleach? I plan to add some salt & turn on my swg tomorrow. I closed late October @ approx 63 degrees max daytime temp @ shock level no polyquat. My wedding cake steps remained in the pool they also look fine. There is reflection of the trees ? in these pics lolAF7168FC-C9A0-43EF-98C2-0F09E8844517.jpeg
cya -60
Fc -10.5
Cc -0
Ph-7.2
Alk- 70
Salt - approx 2600
8B92BA6B-5680-4F6C-9A3E-A62B5FB999E9.jpeg

60 degree water is the approximate time when algae begins to grow. The sun on the uncovered pool will warm up the water so stay on top of it now and that pool will stay sparkling. It’s easy to walk away for a week or three this time of year and that’s where a lot of people go wrong leading to troubles.

Reactions: Mdragger88
60 degree water is the approximate time when algae begins to grow. The sun on the uncovered pool will warm up the water so stay on top of it now and that pool will stay sparkling. It’s easy to walk away for a week or three this time of year and that’s where a lot of people go wrong leading to troubles.

yes I will I’m ocd lol - I have a friend/neighbor who never opens until mother’s day & we are in the south! He is on the “shock” once a week & use pucks regiment- & strips ?‍♀️! He doesn’t believe there’s any other way. Sometimes it works for him but generally every time it rains his pool is green. For 20 years! He just thinks that’s how its supposed to be. I’ve tried to convert- educate him to no avail. They just told me I shouldn’t have opened because the rain coming will make it green ??? UMm Nooo

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Sometimes it works for him but generally every time it rains his pool is green. For 20 years! He just thinks that’s how its supposed to be
I didn’t want a pool for all the problems all my friends always had. It seemed like such a chore and I didn’t want that headache. Always at the most inconvenient time of course, the night before 10 people were coming over. I was more concerned about that with the PB than any designing.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I didn’t want a pool for all the problems all my friends always had. It seemed like such a chore and I didn’t want that headache. Always at the most inconvenient time of course, the night before 10 people were coming over. I was more concerned about that with the PB than any designing.

he really hates his pool but maintains it for his wife- that’s why he closes early & opens late & why he only does maintenance once a week (bags of shock) whether it needs it or not - i told him swg is the way to go if you want to not have to fight with it but he said he he has a d.e. Filter so he can’t have one ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️ I dunno who told him that but he believes it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.