should we be good to swim now?

May 22, 2018
Kentucky
Our pump went out a few weeks ago and as we waited for the parts to arrive our water gradually turned greenish. Part arrived and we got everything running yesterday morning. We added a full gallon of bleach and also turned the SWG on to Boost yesterday afternoon. We vacuumed all the scum that had settled last night. As of this morning our levels are:

FC: 3
CC: 0.2
Ph: 7.8 (planning to add about 6 oz muriatic acid)
TA: 70

There is no greenish tint at all now, just a little cloudy. We also had to add a full bag of salt this morning so maybe cloudy due to the salt not being dissolved yet?

You need to follow the SLAM Process

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

You did not list your CYA level. This info is critical FC/CYA Levels
A little cloudy and a recent greening of the water indicates you have a live algae population and you run the risk of population explosion.
You should eradicate the algae now then maintain proper sanitation levels with your SWG. SLAM Process

I ran out of the solution needed for the CYA test so I can't do that today. Last time I checked it it was around 50 I think but that's been about a month ago before the pump stopped working and we lost a few inches of water. We have guests coming over later today so we were hoping the kids could swim.

Reactions: Perpetual summer
sorry, just realized this post is a couple weeks old.....

Can you see the bottom? if a kid were to sit on the bottom, could you find him? You you can honestly say yes to those, then you can consider swimming. If it was me, at at a friend's house, I wouldn't swim in cloudy water, so don't be offended if the guests decline to swim.
The cloudy water is algae, no doubt about it. Use liquid chlorine to raise the FC level. The SWG is much to slow at this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.