Should I replace a diverter valve or buy replacement parts?

johnnyleo11

Aug 13, 2019
Coastal Virginia
So I'm still trying to determine which model I have ( I'll get a better look tomorrow) but also want to get advice on whether I should purchase a new valve or replace the guts. The handle is broke and has been for a few years since purchasing the home. The set screw can't be found either. I'm not a fan of the installation job on the valve as I would have rather used unions instead of couplings on the supply sides. One of the supply lines is rigid PVC and the other is flexible. Should I change the flex with rigid PVC and put unions in both supply lines? Would it be a waste to add pressure gauges to the supply lines?

In the mean time can I just take the 8 flange screws off the top and manually set the valve? I feel like I'm not getting much suction out of the floor drain.
20210711_142436.jpg

That's a Jandy Gray Valve series 3-way. They are Jandy's lower cost option and they require lubricant. If it hasn't been serviced in a while, it may explain why the handle broke.

Jandy Neverlube valves in 2-2.5" (#4717) are real hard to find right now. If your plumbing isn't leaking, you may want to rebuild the valve and leave it as is.

Reactions: johnnyleo11
In the mean time can I just take the 8 flange screws off the top and manually set the valve? I feel like I'm not getting much suction out of the floor drain.
I wouldn't worry about the lack of suction from the main drain. Having sufficient suction from the skimmer is the priority.

Reactions: johnnyleo11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.