Should I directly connect the inlet to the outlet after removing the booster pump?

Jun 6, 2016
San Jose
I’ve got a robot cleaner for a while. I don’t expect would go back to pressure side cleaner anymore. My PB said can take out the booster pump for free as I don’t use it anymore. Should I cap the inlet and the outlet after removing the booster pump, or connect them together? My PB said whatever I want. No idea which way is better or if there’s any cautions to be make.

Show us your plumbing. It depends where your water pickoff is located in your return plumbing and how much it may divert flow from your returns.

When I removed mine, I essentially connected the inlet and outlet (other replumbing work was done but that was the effect) so I could keep the pressure cleaner line as a return, because I liked my current water flow.

following this - had the same question... was just pondering on this yesterday, but still using my booster pump. I'm thinking of tying mine in as well and using for a third return. Although, the way mine is plumbed, it definitely has to be reducing the pressure from the two existing returns as is. Don't have any problems as it stands though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.