Should I be concerned? - Cracking in cement bottom

JDavis1089

Jun 14, 2021
Saint Louis, MO
New here. Finally getting my pool installed in St Louis, MO. Getting a 16x32 vinyl liner pool. The pool was supposed to be done in May/June 2021, but the company finally showed up to dig in early December. The cement bottom has been installed since the 2nd week of December and it has been sitting waiting for concrete decking since. My question is, should I be worried about these cracks? Have not contacted the pool company yet because I wanted to understand if this was actually an issue before.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 107
It should be repairable with some cement and vermiculite. The repairs should wait until you have the liner ready to install.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
If the chunks are solid pure Portland can be swept in and tapped to fill then moistened. I never do a floor and leave it sit. Needs a liner and water right after to hold up. Those cracks would show right thru a liner as is

Thanks to all for your guidance. Luckily I chose a reputable, established, pool company who just seems to be a bit overwhelmed since the start of the pandemic. They sent a crew out to examine and committed to a full repair to my satisfaction. They even put this in writing. They also echoed everyone's advice here that it only makes sense to do this after thaw and immediately before installing the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.