Shotcrete mistake Baja ledge too deep

runriver

Oct 26, 2021
Chandler Az
Shotcrete contractor made a mistake on the depth of our Baja shelf. Was supposed to be at -12, but it is at -15. The contractor is saying they can fix it if I want by pouring a new slab on top (3").

-Pour the slab
-Ask them to jackhammer out concrete cut rebar and redo
-leave it as is

What do you think is best option. I do not want future problems because of this mistake.

He can build it up by 3" without any problem. Adding the 3" does not change the structure of the pool.

Is the depth you quoted water depth or depth from the coping? Having it be a little deeper may actually be nicer depending on how much of your body you want in the water.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I’d leave it at 15”. Maybe loungers might not fit (too deep) but I wouldn’t go through the hassle for 3”. Adirondack chairs would fit ok.

Reactions: Leebo
Depth is from the coping. With -15 from coping should give us 12 inches of water. We wanted 9" in order to use standard ledge lounger.Also was wanted to use light plastic Adirondack chair and think it might float away with 12" of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.