shotcrete job quality concerns

Do you have plans for this pool or are you in an area that has no inspections? The roughness isnt ideal but I've seen worst. The bond beam thickness is very narrow in those pics, that isnt normal should be 8" minimum generally often 10 to 12"
what do you mean by plans? I did have the rebar inspection and passed. then there will be another one for the grounding of the pool after the grounding and tile, whatever that means... do you recommend getting an inspection from a different company?

What I mean are plans like a blueprint. Somebody designed that pool and there are plans if you have inspections. They show the steel layout amd the thickness. That's the design strength of the shell

If it's supposed to be a certain thickness amd its not to plans, that is a build flaw. Kind of like building a new house amd the main beam is supposed to be a steel I beam on plans, but the builder decides to use a couple 2x12s instead

What I mean are plans like a blueprint. Somebody designed that pool and there are plans if you have inspections. They show the steel layout amd the thickness. That's the design strength of the shell

If it's supposed to be a certain thickness amd its not to plans, that is a build flaw. Kind of like building a new house amd the main beam is supposed to be a steel I beam on plans, but the builder decides to use a couple 2x12s instead
Yes, I reviewed the building plans and inspection requirements and it appears to be up to code. Minimum of 6" thickness for walls etc...

The next steps may be: The plaster crew should cut the exposed rebar and likely epoxy over it then seal it with “hydraulic” cement.

I would also like to see the wall thicknesses the spot in question. If you could pull the tape measure perpendicular to the wall it would help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.