Shopping Pool Light Bulbs

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hello,

I am shopping pool lights AGAIN!!! In the past I've purchased the 12V , 16.5 watt, R40 plain white LED by Halco. I've also had the Feit brand that is not LED. Neither have lasted long. I've replaced at least one bulb every year. I have two Hayward R40, 12V light cans.

When shopping, I see all kinds of colorful LED bulbs. I'm not even sure I want the color changing bulbs, but it seems kinda fun. They are pricey, so I'd like to find something that is quality.

Does anyone have experience with bulbs of this type? I'd also be interested in a simple white bulb. I just want something that might last a while.

Thank you,

Crystal

A number of folks on here have talked about the Florida Sunseeker RGB LED "bulbs". I actually just bought one on Friday, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. My 500w incandescent still works, but it's sort of dull, so I'm hoping the LED will spice things up. I haven't seen any other vendors (Amazon, eBay) selling that exact same bulb, so I wonder if it's custom made just for them.

Reactions: Paul & Crystal
A number of folks on here have talked about the Florida Sunseeker RGB LED "bulbs". I actually just bought one on Friday, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. My 500w incandescent still works, but it's sort of dull, so I'm hoping the LED will spice things up. I haven't seen any other vendors (Amazon, eBay) selling that exact same bulb, so I wonder if it's custom made just for them.
I am looking at their website now. Thank you!

Reactions: dfwnoob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.