Shoes for around the pool

pb4uswim

Jul 23, 2020
Michigan
Any ideas for some shoes for around the pool. I tried using my Crocs, but when they get wet, they tend to give me a blister in the arch of my foot. Other than that, they’re nice in that they’re water proof and they slide on easily. They also have a back strap that holds them on my feet better than a slip on but still slip on rather easily.
I might try some moleskin, but I don’t think that works any better if it gets wet.

I second water shoes! I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $10 I think. They're just basic black, but you can spend more and get cool colors. I wear them out to the pool, take them off to swim, then put them back on when I get out. They go on easily over wet feet, and no blistering! The soft material absorbs water, then dries in a snap.

Water shoes!

Reactions: pb4uswim
Sneakers are too soft and they will slip on a wet surface. It's not asphalt. You have to consider the manufacturing and the way the shoes are made. One of the safety requirements is the use of shirts. Particular attention is paid to protecting the feet. This is due to the high percentage of injuries (more than 7%) in various jobs. The main criterion for selecting special shoes Wedge Sole Work Boots | #1 Men's Wedge Sole Boots - Rock Rooster - the protection class, corresponding to the work performed. Also take into account: comfort, appearance, price policy of the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I wear water shoes from Walmart because I hate walking barefoot with a ton of hardware in my feet. (14 screws n 2 plates).

Reactions: mickey4paws
Mostly bare foot for me. For light duty including small ladders and painting etc. its the Fijian safety boots, crocks, flip flops or double pluggers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This has to be the most surprising thread I’ve seen. We’re barefoot all the time on the deck here in SC, all season. Kool Deck if that matters. At the most flip flops if leaving the deck for some reason. The hottest I’ve ever measured the majority of the deck is 110F. There’s a darker color on the coping immediately around the pool and the max there is 125.

Reactions: codybene
This has to be the most surprising thread I’ve seen. We’re barefoot all the time on the deck here in SC, all season. Kool Deck if that matters. At the most flip flops if leaving the deck for some reason. The hottest I’ve ever measured the majority of the deck is 110F. There’s a darker color on the coping immediately around the pool and the max there is 125.

Perhaps they have more tender feet on cement decking?

Indeed, it’s the roughness of the cement more than the heat. Plus, the shoes are mostly for when I’m working around the pool versus when just swimming/enjoying it. When working on the pool, I’m doing other things like walking into my shed or on some areas that have a stone base, so there’s more than just the pool area in play. Plus, consider a simple job like spraying off the pool deck with the garden hose. Plenty of opportunity to stub a toe. Generally, I wear shoes and gloves while working along with safety glasses as appropriate.

I'm definitely a tenderfoot. I like having shoes available when around the pool. If I'm not in the pool I'm generally wandering around the yard doing something.

--Jeff

I have 2 kinds - aerothotics found on amazon
& sketcher’s foamies there are men versions of both
I like them both
I didn’t like how the birkenstock version fit

A word of warning- i left a black pair on the deck in the sun & one became misshapen so i went with a lighter color for the next pair & i am careful to keep them in the shade now when i’ll have them off a while - our deck gets super hot.

Any ideas for some shoes for around the pool. I tried using my Crocs, but when they get wet, they tend to give me a blister in the arch of my foot. Other than that, they’re nice in that they’re water proof and they slide on easily. They also have a back strap that holds them on my feet better than a slip on but still slip on rather easily.
I might try some moleskin, but I don’t think that works any better if it gets wet.
Water shoes!!! I was the most hesitant persons when it came to buy water shoes, I always saw them as an unnecessary expense but oh boy the change the made in me! I too also used to get blisters every now and then and it was troublesome for me. I use these but it doesn't have to be exactly these ones, there are expensive options and cheaper ones too, depending on your budget.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.