DBLKref11

Dec 29, 2020
Montgomery, Al
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm new to this site, so not sure if I'm in the right thread area. I'm here to find out if anyone here tried the shock sold at Ollie's discount? The shock is sold at a price a lot less than most pool shops. Just checking to see if someone tried them before I buy some.
If someone out there has tried Ollie's shock, please let me know if you think they are worth the price or not. Thanks in advance.

If you follow the TFP pool care process, you never have to add "shock"...

I have three pools and in total they are over 25 years old. In all that time I have never added a single bag of shock and I have never had a single algae bloom..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome DBLKref11...post a picture of the label if you can..as above i have never had to shock our pool. Using TFP procedures esp free chlorine/cya ratios and a little muriatic acid after rain is all we use here in central fla.

Reactions: markayash
Welcome to TFP! :wave: It looks like there is an Ollie's liquid shock which should be nothing more than sodium hypochlorite - same as regular bleach only stronger. The pool store industry calls liquid choline "liquid chock", but it's just chlorine. So if that's what you used you are fine. But as noted above, you can post a pic of the ingredients label and we can confirm.

Reactions: tim5055
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.