Shock level questions

Yes, the SWG has been off the last few days of the shock process. My SWG I believe is toast anyway. It is an old Polaris Autoclear Plus made back in 05 with the original cell. Sometimes the salt readings show fine on the display and an hour later it will change by showing 1000-1500ppm lower and tell me to add salt. I have cleaned the cell, but I feel it is about to give up the ghost.

jsw5620 said:
Just tested again. I went from 29.5 to 23 from 7:30 to 10:30. Could that be from normal burn off from sun (SWG is turned off)? Since I passed the OCLT and my water is clear, do I let it fall back to normal levels now?
Well, you passed the OCLT and water is clear. You got 2 of 3 criteria. What is CC level?

jsw5620 said:
Thanks to all here for helping with my algae problem, shocking process, and adding borates. Here is a pic of the deep end of my pool now. This cellphone pic doesn't do justice for the clarity and look of the water. Thanks again everyone!! :cheers:

2b89abc8.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.