Sheer pool descent

Jenna22

Jan 18, 2021
Ottawa
Hello! I am new to forum. We are in process of building a free form vinyl inground pool. We have purchased a 4 foot pool sheer. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to build box to place this on our pool deck and what to put around the box. We have looked at some cultured stone veneers because of price and weight, and were told we could seal them with high quality sealer. I am open to any and all suggestions. It is going on very slight convex curve. Ideally around 6 feet.

A sheer going on a curve is tricky, takes some skill to cut the lip. Need a 6" lip for that amd for a 4ft you must have a 2" feed home run to it. The box vam be anything, steel studs, wood studs, etc. Frame it amd make a pocket for the sheer accounting for the overhang amd cut then veneer with permabase. Tile shops will have it. Dont use hardiboard or backer board outdoors, it's not rated. Then pocket it well amd seal it on place so it doesnt move amd sits level. Veneer with choice of materials. Curved tops are tricky. I usually use limestone on mine. I actually just did a big one on my pool but its straight

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.