sharkline vs aqualeader

Jun 29, 2014
Pittsburgh pa
I'm looking at 3 local pool stores. One sells sharkline. One sells aqualeader. One sells pools by a name that only seem to lead back to that pool store.

The Sharkline I was looking at has steel top and steel side supports. The Aqualeader has resin top and resin supports and seems like a beefier more durable pool to me - but costs less than the sharkline.

Should I be wary of aqualeader or is this a reputable brand? Am I right in thinking a resin frame is more durable?

It could just be a matter of killer sales right now and I am still looking at the price of the sharkline when it wasn't on sale, but I was kind of under the impression that pool store sales are a lot like furniture sales... ie that price is actually more or less always the price, they just want you to think you are getting a deal.

Weirdly, if I google "auqu leader vs sharkline" I get something on the AquaLeader page about the history of Sharkline - but as far as I can tell they aren't the same company.

I have an Aqualeader and seems very well built. All the pieces fit together perfectly. Canadian made. I believe Aqualeader and Sharkline are affiliated somehow as when I registered my warranty Sharkline came up. I just have not figured out how they are affiliated.

I have an Aqualeader and seems very well built. All the pieces fit together perfectly. Canadian made. I believe Aqualeader and Sharkline are affiliated somehow as when I registered my warranty Sharkline came up. I just have not figured out how they are affiliated.

Since I see you have a salt water chlorine hook up, does your warranty mention anything about that? Pool guy at place with Aqualeader says it will void warranty, wants to sell something called Nature 2. Sharkline place wants to sell simple salt. Place that seems to sell its own line (or a line I can't find the maker of) does sell a salt water warranted pool, which is appealing - but no name, can't look into.

From what I've heard Aqualeader and Sharkline are sister brands or one owns the other.
I bought an Aqualeader pool and was very pleased with it. It had resin top rails, supports, and bottom rails as well. I think you will find that materials make more of a difference than brand will. Resin will last longer since it can't rust. What are the bottom rails made of? Bottom rails will be in constant contact with the ground, so resin here will help out a lot. Does one of those pools have a Stainless Steel panel at the skimmer/return? These SS panels help out a lot since the skimmer/return seem to be one of the first places to rust. I would definitely get the resin pool with SS panel especially if it is less cost.

Most pool mfg's will void the warranty if you use SWG (salt water chlorine generator). But honestly, it is just a marketing gimmick and an "out" to not cover warranty issues. Over the years here at TFP, we have found that salt water pools aren't any more susceptible to rusting than non-salt water pools. There have been countless pools without a SWG that have rusted out. SWG are about 2-3x the salt level as "non-salt" pools, but about 10x less salt than the ocean.

DO NOT buy the Nature 2 system if it has a mineral cartridge. The minerals will stain the pool and will not lead to less chlorine use and the same chlorine levels are needed. This is a fact regardless of what you hear from the pool store. If you want a SWG, get one, you will not be disappointed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.