*Shallow end, being shocked when grabbing railing*

I just want to say you guys that are contributing are awesome! I have been following and have read every one of the 500+ comments. This whole thread makes me want to grab my multi-meter and go help out (I am a little far away for that).

Keep it up! đź‘Ź

This whole thread makes me want to grab my multi-meter and go help out (I am a little far away for that).
I was telling James the other day that I’m not into the soap operas where this Dr is having an affair with that nurse. THIS though. THIS is the best soap opera I’ve EVER seen !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Twists, turns, a few whodonits……. Ducks…..
It has it all.

I'm writing a book and screenplay based on the story.

There are a lot of producers who are bidding for the rights to make a movie.

Tom Cruise is showing interest in playing the main character.

Depending on the budget, we might need to get cheaper actors like Danny Bonaduce, Frank Stallone or one of the Baldwin brothers.

I'm writing a book and screenplay based on the story.

There are a lot of producers who are bidding for the rights to make a movie.

Tom Cruise is showing interest in playing the main character.

Depending on the budget, we might need to get cheaper actors like Danny Bonaduce, Frank Stallone or one of the Baldwin brothers.
Name’s Bond. Pool Bond.

Who’s playing the duck?
I can’t reveal the entire plot just yet.

There are multiple investigative journalists digging into the story including several from the Washington post.

Some of the characters include the posters here and the following:

The city official in charge of the department that oversees the pond management.

The power company CEO who has been suppressing the real story for months.

It’s going to be bigger than the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) incident involvement in the Hinkley groundwater contamination scandal.

You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Stay Tuned, you won’t want to miss what happens next!

Actors currently scheduled to audition for various roles:

Mark W. Moses (Duck).

Ed Gale (Duck).

Anthony Edwards (Goose).

Samuel L Jackson

Gal Gadot (The city official in charge of the department that oversees the pond management).

Mike Tyson (The power company CEO who has been suppressing the real story for months).

Sean Penn. (Jeff Spicoli).

Margot Robbie (Investigative journalist).

Daniel Lawrence Whitney (The Health Inspector who stumbled onto a report that was misfiled).

Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Mayor of the city).

Charlie Sheen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Also, I just chatted with my neighbor. He checked the voltage from his pool decking to the water and measured .5VAC.
The neighbor's pool is farther away from the pond area.

If the current was coming from somewhere other than the pond area, the neighbor should be getting more voltage.

0.5 VAC is still higher than normal, but less than the OP's voltage.

The OP's pool will provide some protection from stray current as it will block or redirect the current to the neutral.

If you draw a line from the power pole to the neighbor's pool, the line goes almost directly through the OP's pool.

1629477662611.png

In my opinion, the most likely sources are at the red dots numbered in order of the most likely source.

The neighbor's pool is protected by houses with ground rods in the path and the OP's pool.

I suspect that the pond water probably saturates below ground to at least the blue line.

1629478087507.png

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that region 1 is the most likely source.

Region 2 is possible, but less likely.

Region 3 is possible, but unlikely.

Assuming that the neighbor's reported voltage is accurate, we can probably rule out region 5 and 6.

1629479046754.png

The neighbor may have better bonding which would reduce the effect of the voltage gradients if not eliminate them so I am not sure you can draw that conclusion. The only reason the OP is getting shocked is because the bonding is not performing as it should. Proper bonding should eliminate these types of issues.

Reactions: JamesW
Also, even if the bonding were equally bad, I don't think you can rule out the entire area "5". If the neighbor behind the OP had a 12v AC system that energized the backyard somehow, that would result in a voltage distribution shown below. Note the OP has elevated voltage but the neighbor has less. There are just too many variables to predict where the problem may be.

[EDIT] Changed scale

1629482393113.png

Just to add to the mix, there is a sub station about 3500 ft away. This makes the ground path much more susceptible to ground currents from imbalanced lines. This is truly a perfect storm for stray voltage. I am surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

1629482769608.png

I think that a voltage map that goes deep into the pond area and all around the pool in every direction at 50 feet, 100 feet and 200 feet would be really helpful in figuring out the most likely source.

This is like that time Homer couldn’t get a gun until he passed the background check.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.