Setting up Pentair VS2 pump

Melnic

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2017
Maryland
OK,
I have an Intellitouch, screenlogic and a Intelliflo VS2 pump.
Last summer when the pool guy installed it, he replaced a stanard pump and I was about to leave town so He set up the pump so that the Filter Pump output on the Intellitouch turned on power to the Pump. That relay is fed from a 230V Breaker. So off the bus bar is the breaker, then that feeds to the relay. That relay also feeds the Intellichlor power box.

So, to get the RS485 to work, I'm assuming I would set the power to the Pump to get 230V all the time correct? I'll unhook it form the outputs of the relay and just run it off the breaker correct?

The pump is set up to prime after it is powered up then run Speed 2 (set to 2650 right now).
I"m assuming I have to do something to the pump to get it to not do that and run based on the RS485 communications to Intellitouch correct?
It is not clear to me from reading the Intelliflo manua how I would do that.

Anyone care to guide me or pass me to someplace that already wrote setting this up?

Thx.

Mel,

When you attach the serial cable from the IntelliTouch to the pump, the display will say "Display Not Active"... this means the pump is under the control of the Automation and not the internal control panel...

All you need to do is go into ScreenLogic set up page and select "IntelliFlo" and set up the speeds you need.. See the sample page below...

dbtgallery.php

You are right about the AC power.. the pumps gets constant 2220 volt AC power but the salt cell only gets power when the pump filter relay is closed.. This relay will close whenever the pump is told to run via the serial cable.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thx for the reply.

So, in Service mode, the pump will be controlled by the intellitouch still? but would it lock out the service person from changing speeds and thus if they did want to change speeds, have to disconnect the serial cable to do it?

Mel,

In the Service Mode the pump automatically uses its internal control panel instead of the cable inputs... Basically, when the IntelliTouch is in control, the pump's display will say "Display not active".. when in the Service Mode, the pump's display shows rpm (or whatever) and allows local control from the pump's control panel.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok Finally has a sat morning to do the change over from having my VS pump hooked up to the pool relay. This is how the installer did it cause the mobile touch did not seem to have what it needed and now I have the ScreenLogic set up.

I first identified the relay the pump and the salt cell was currently hooked up to.

Black wires are 208 L1 and red are 208 L2
The relay terminals go like this as orientated in the pic

L1 in / L1 out. / L2 in. / L2 out

So I have the L1 and L2 inputs coming from a breaker and the L1 and L2 outputs go to Pump and Salt cell box.

a0899e91f7b3523960fb32e2c7a5fd80.jpg

I looked at the conduit from the pump and traced to determine which 2 wires were the pump
3159150e2a15d14a58bea35044ca1cf3.jpg

ba357ba6da023b05a58c990800fcf360.jpg

Then I moved those from the right sides of the pair to the left side where the input was. I could have moved them right to the output of the breaker but this was easier.
38b7bdba97589b75740772eb38da82c2.jpg

I then went into the setup for screenlogic and set the pump to intellifo VS
Then selected circuits and RPM
(Note, I changed the unused aux8 output which I am not using to be named Pump High for use as a skimmer mode)
fd6824549696c64295908bc619f01d1d.jpg

One last thing after finishing out. I hit the reset button on the intellitouch to jump start it communicating to the pump.
When it rebooted the pump screen verified it was communicating as Jim pointed out
b40c2df7da98c59b984cb8d423b30037.jpg

Now in my iPhone app the pump appears
e91fa43792240f31ae9142296393d004.png

Now. I think I need to see what the pump does and what I want it to do when it is not communicating to the intellitouch and the power is on hmmmm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.