Lake Worth/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have my filter pump scheduled to run 9 am to 6 pm at 2750 rpm as set up by pool installer. After several heavy rains, my salt level is down and I would like to add some. I will turn the SWG off after adding the salt. I have iAQuaLink automation. How would I set the pump to run overnight, perhaps at a lower rpm to circulate the new salt. I tried several times using One Touch and using the VSP setup but cannot seen to get it right. I have the Jandy epump.

Thanks,
Jim

I have my filter pump scheduled to run 9 am to 6 pm at 2750 rpm as set up by pool installer.
Why? That is probably way more RPM than you really need. Set the RPM to the lowest value that the SWG remains happy (i.e. doesn't alarm).

After several heavy rains, my salt level is down and I would like to add some. I will turn the SWG off after adding the salt. I have iAQuaLink automation. How would I set the pump to run overnight, perhaps at a lower rpm to circulate the new salt. I tried several times using One Touch and using the VSP setup but cannot seen to get it right. I have the Jandy epump.
Seems like more effort than what is really required. I put my salt in the spa and put the pool/spa into spillover mode. I don't ever turn off the SWG since it isn't really necessary. Even when putting the salt into the pool, it shouldn't be necessary to turn off the SWG unless you put all of the salt on top of the main drains.

Why? That is probably way more RPM than you really need. Set the RPM to the lowest value that the SWG remains happy (i.e. doesn't alarm).

Seems like more effort than what is really required. I put my salt in the spa and put the pool/spa into spillover mode. I don't ever turn off the SWG since it isn't really necessary. Even when putting the salt into the pool, it shouldn't be necessary to turn off the SWG unless you put all of the salt on top of the main drains.
Thanks, sounds like I am making more of it than I need to. Jim

I didn’t want to set the RPM too low as I have a SWG as well as a champagne spa and I thought the spa my not fill and spill over the top if RPM not high enough.

A SWG needs at least 15 GPM and that will easily produce enough pressure to fill a raised spa.

FYI, if a spa is 18" above the pool, the pump only needs to produce about 1 PSI to raise the water that much and account for dynamic head loss. Not much pressure is really needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.