Serious help needed

How did you make your own?:eek:

I had a number of pieces of different size piping and found one that I could cut real thin and then split at an angle. With some time and finesse I was able to get the proper size and shape to fit around the leaking pipe joint. Then it was just primer, glue and a clamp to hold it in place while it cured.
I often do things like this just for the challenge. In hindsight I should have just bought the thing from Amazon and saved the time and effort. :)

I was going to try to catch up on this thread, but I think I'll just wait for the movie adaptation. Epic!

So Richard, how does it look? If it's real calm, can you see every little crease and fold?

Oh yes, unfortunately, there are lots of wrinkles on the floor in the deep end. I don't know how long they have been there, but they are there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly certain that my air leak is coming from the t connector on my shallow end skimmer line at the manifold. That is my next project.

Excellent news.

For the wrinkles, just so you know, if you have scuba gear or are good at diving you might be aple to smooth them out using two plungers...but you'd need a weight belt if its deep end. I know a PB who does this in my city for $95 an hour. He'll also use a vac without the head on it.

When everything is normal post slam we can see if Metal Magic, the easiest to use, lifts the stains.

If not, there's another, more complicated proceedure that should make a dent in them, but I'd rather see you SWIMMING...which btw, you can do now that you can see clearly, even at slam level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Excellent news.<br>

For the wrinkles, just so you know, if you have scuba gear or are good at diving you might be aple to smooth them out using two plungers...but you'd need a weight belt if its deep end. I know a PB who does this in my city for $95 an hour. He'll also use a vac without the head on it.<br>
When everything is normal post slam we can see if Metal Magic, the easiest to use, lifts the stains.<br>
If not, there's another, more complicated proceedure that should make a dent in them, but I'd rather see you SWIMMING...which btw, you can do now that you can see clearly, even at slam level.

I'm lucky if I make it in the shallow end!! What do you mean by a weight belt??

What is "PB"

If I might ask what is the other procedure?

Again, always thank you !!:D

PB can also refer to Pool Boy/Girl/Person who helps with cleaning, equipment, opening/closing of your pool.

Weightbelt would be worn on your person IF you were using SCUBA diving gear with underwater breathing. It would keep you sunk at the bottom liner to work on it without fighting to stay down. Do not use a weightbelt unless you are a SCUBA diver - danger to your own health (drowning risk) and liner when you would drop it to surface. Safety first, never dive alone/have an adult watching you.

If the liner is in good condition and wasn't abused by chemicals sitting on it, then you may be able to push the ripple to the edge with a plunger or two, or by rolling it out to the edge. Some people only succeeded after draining all but a foot of water over the wrinkles. The risk of attempting a wrinkle move is damaging the liner if it isn't in good shape and relatively new.

PB can also refer to Pool Boy/Girl/Person who helps with cleaning, equipment, opening/closing of your pool.

Weightbelt would be worn on your person IF you were using SCUBA diving gear with underwater breathing. It would keep you sunk at the bottom liner to work on it without fighting to stay down. Do not use a weightbelt unless you are a SCUBA diver - danger to your own health (drowning risk) and liner when you would drop it to surface. Safety first, never dive alone/have an adult watching you.

If the liner is in good condition and wasn't abused by chemicals sitting on it, then you may be able to push the ripple to the edge with a plunger or two, or by rolling it out to the edge. Some people only succeeded after draining all but a foot of water over the wrinkles. The risk of attempting a wrinkle move is damaging the liner if it isn't in good shape and relatively new.

Makes good sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.