Reed Kadavy

Silver Supporter
Nov 22, 2015
Gilbert AZ
Does anyone know anything about this product? Is it another type of pool ozonator? Someone in North Scottsdale voiced a question on Nextdoor on whether salt or chlorine pools were the best and an individual mentioned he had been using Septor 7 for five years for pool sanitation and was very happy with it. It uses HCL to keep the PH and Alkalinity in line, but I have no idea how water sanitation occurs.

Their website has a link to a YouTube video about "How It Works" that says it uses an ion generator to kill bacteria and algae and your filter traps particle debris. No mention of any oxidizing agent. I imagine it also will cause copper to build up in the water.

Last edited:
From the description from the guy with the Septor 7, it almost sounds to good to be true which means it probably is. He says he’ll show it to anyone, but I’m not interested. Don’t see how you could prove the water is being sanitized. They say you know it’s working if the PH and Alkalinity is staying in line.

The original question on Nextdoor was do you like chlorine vs salt. You would be surprised how many have abandoned salt. But I believe it is because they aren’t maintaining their system and because there system is undersized. Many say it won’t keep up in the Arizona heat and that they have to supplement with chlorine to keep everything going.

There are a ton of people all over AZ that have saltwater pools that are working just fine.. Most of the time SWCG issues are really just pool owner issues, and not cell issues.

You actually have to have a clue how your pool works, how long to run the pump, and where to set the SWCG's output... And, as you point out, the cell has to be the right size to begin with..

My guess is the 75% of all cell "failures" are just the fact that the pool owners were never been told what they need to know to run a saltwater pool... "Just plug it in and forget it"... does not work well..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.