Semi in-ground AGP - First build

BabyRooth

Apr 4, 2021
PNW
Hey everyone!

We have had a 15' round Intex AGP for several years, and finally decided to step it up. It started with a similar sized simple metal frame pool, and like so many, expanded from there. ;)

We have taken delivery of this pool: 12x24x54" Signature RTL Oval Pool

I have the excavator coming 4/22 to start digging down 2'. If we are going to build this thing, let's do it ONCE and do it the way we want long term. My goal is to get the pool built and useable this summer. Then focus on the smaller improvements like landscaping, deck/hardscape, dedicated electrical conduit, water supply... etc. Eventually pool automation using liquid chlorine/acid, possibly connected to Home Assistant. Baby steps...

The package I did was:
  • Hayward S166T 16" Sand Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump
  • Hayward CL100 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator
  • 12'x24'x54" Oval Uni-Bead Beach Haven Liner - 40 Gauge
  • 12'x24' Oval Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove - Gladon XL
  • Confer Roll-Guard A-Frame Safety Ladder 7200 (with the floor mat)
Since the purchase, I am already rethinking the single speed pump.. Wishing I did 2 speed for both sound and energy usage. But oh well - I think I will roll with what I bought for now.

I'm in a neighborhood, so getting the dirt offsite will be a chore but doable. I will be adding pics all along the way and using this thread as a journal. I am SURE I will hit problems along the way, and lean on the community to guide me in the right direction. It's going to be fun!

D23D1FDD-E2F1-4585-94E1-97773F6CD7ED_1_105_c.jpeg

Nick

Reactions: Newdude and kne
Hello! Welcome to TFP! We’re excited to see your build and will help with any questions you may have! When you get closer to water in, make sure you have a test kit ready to go, like the one in my signature. Also it’s a good idea to begin reading the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, also linked in my signature.

And photos... we love photos!

Thoughts on trying to return or sell my pump and buying this one?
What did you decide ? I’m having a hard enough time searching the country for equipment that I imagine it would sell on FB market place or OfferUP in no time.

Also...... the username ......

Do you have a sweet tooth or are you a Goonies fan ?

Haha! It’s from Caddy Shack!

I ended up deciding to keep the pump because parts are readily available and reviews are pretty decent. I can always change it down the road.

I would add more pics but it saying they are too large for the server. I will have to add tonight…

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you! I’ve been killing out some invasive grasses, many which happen to be in the excavator path. Win! ;) I think it’s such a small area I will just remove the damaged grass and sod. My wife is on me to get this pool ready!

OK, so end of day 2: Hole is dug and as level as reasonable. I've started taking stock of what is in all the boxes, and getting a grasp on what I should start on next..

Got one side leg together tonight before some family time.. It was one beer, but should get faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.