Semi Above Ground Pool reviews?

Mar 11, 2017
Medford, OR
We are just getting started in the process, and we see so many sites selling the pools, but cannot find any reviews anywhere.

we want a semi inground, oval and one of the larger ones.

anyone have any tips to help point me in The right direction?
do you have a semi inground? D
what do you like/dislike?

thanks in advance!!

I have a Doughboy, rated for burial. I believe there are two other manufacturers who rate their pools for burial as well, but don't remember the names. Pros; lower exterior pool wall, easier to vacuum and hand skim, easier to add chlorine and overall aesthetically more pleasing than a normal above ground pool. Cons are; the deeper you bury the pool, the more of a PITA it is to connect the pump hose to the skimmer, settling of ground around the pool needs to be filled in after 2-3 years & you can't use normal steps for entry (you'll need to modify a factory set or build a deck). I'm sure others will chime in with their perspectives.

There are a lot of brands that allow burial of up to 2 feet in depth and warranty covers them. READ the FINE print! Some can even be addendums to the warranty. Mine is 2 feet in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.