Seeing Some Rebar After Gunite/Normal?

parkinsmith

Gold Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Clifton Texas, Lake Whitney
I was in the pool today looking at grout colors and noticed a piece of rebar that was exposed next to the stairs in the shallow end in the corner and a hole next to it is this normal? We have completed curing the Gunite and are waiting on tile and coping. Also noticed an indentation in the gunite in the deep end. Any feedback would be appreciated pictures are below

Attachments

• 6948070A-688D-4234-B2E5-235EFB6EA4BF.jpeg
    6948070A-688D-4234-B2E5-235EFB6EA4BF.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 5EDDDB0C-8EEF-4D1C-964D-221BCDEDFCA8.jpeg
    5EDDDB0C-8EEF-4D1C-964D-221BCDEDFCA8.jpeg
    880.4 KB · Views: 58
Talk to your Pool Builder.

Your Pool Builder should have someone go around and fill all voids and exposed rebar with hydraulic cement.

Those area need to be sealed with hydraulic cement BEFORE any plaster goes down. Do not allow exposed rebar to be plastered over or else you will get rust stains permeating though for the life of the pool.

THANK YOU !!! I plan to address with PB on Monday. Is this something that is common or indicator of sloppy work ?

I think the shotcrete subcontractor could have done a better job but it’s not a show stopper. It’s ok to use hydraulic cement in small areas to patch holes and other defects. The plaster finishing crew will sometimes do that before they apply the finish but it’s best to get the PB to address it. As long as it gets sealed up, your shell is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.