Securing an Above Ground Pool Ladder

Wafflestyx

Jul 4, 2019
PA
So I have your average A frame ladder and that past two years just let it sit over the top rail.

With kids getting in and out it doesn't stay still.
I have seen posts about filling jugs and attaching them to the bottom to weigh the ladder down.

Aside from this, what options do I have to attach it to the top rail (seems like this would be better then weights) that wouldn't put wear and tear on the mounting area due to installing and uninstalling each year?

Or is weight the steps down the preferred way?

If you have a hard wall pool, there should be a hole in the top of the ladder platform. You can use that to bolt it to the top plate over one of the uprights. Some folks build a small deck and attach the ladder to it.

Metal ladder or resin/plastic/pvc?
Plastic, looks like this
7000X-wh.jpg

Reactions: WisconsinBubbles
I had the exact same ladder until I went with steps 2 years ago by Confer also. Just draped over side wall, even with some sort of weights attached I don't think it will be as stable as you would like, just too narrow for its height , would take way too much added weight to not shift. I have to assume you have no deck or partial deck at pool? even top rail height wood platform, if you did, you could remove outer legs as I did and get an adapter kit from Confer which lets you connect the upper hand rail to deck/ platform. If not , top rail is most likely best if a hard side wall. With a soft sided pool you are pretty limited.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.