Secure Skimmer Collar

GaryParr

Aug 21, 2020
Rhode Island
Hey, might be a silly question... but how does everyone secure the skimmer collar at the right height so it doesn't "sink" below the deck level when someone steps on it? I think someone recommended silicone but wasn't sure if that was the best way.

What model skimmer?

Show us pics of your problem.

No clue what model, but it looks like this...

skimmer_a.jpg skimmer_b.jpg

The collar adjusts height to match the level of the deck, but I'm not sure what the best way is to "lock it in place" at that height. It was suggested by someone to put a bead of silicone on the collar and push it into place which might work. I've also been told to put sand under the collar to support it at the right height. That also seems reasonable. Just wanted to know what everyone here had seen/done/tried and what the recommendation would be.

Thanks!

Mix.up a small batch of mortar on the loose side amd keep adding in the four supported corners til it holds at the right height. Place a garbage bag in skimmer first to grab the fallout. Leave pump off obviously. Once dry use compact drill and bit then rivet gun to pip rivet the collar in 3 or 4 opposing spots to the skimmer neck. Use stainless rivets

Reactions: GaryParr
That seems... pretty solid. I may hold off on the rivets for now on the assumption that I'm going to want to replace that collar with something a little fancier in the near future. I'm assuming mortar won't adhere to the collar itself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.