Second year, I have mystery algae in the vacuum hose.

I'd ditch that outdated cleaner for a mega robot, considering the pool size in that picture! You'll save beaucoup bucks on electricity alone not running a second pump just for the cleaner!! They clean far better also.

Maddie
Outdated cleaner? It's 3 years old. 😁 The cleaner is on the same pump as the skimmers, a valve switches between the two so I wouldn't save a pump. (I have three pumps total).Electricity is a non issue as last year PG&E owed me $30. (Solar) I appreciate the ideas though and I'll look up the mega robot for the future.

Would you mind filling out a signature line with pool details, equipment details, how you test and sanitize....all those things folks need to know to answer posts easily. Saves having to ask them again and again. Thanks.

Maddie

Outdated cleaner? It's 3 years old. 😁 The cleaner is on the same pump as the skimmers, a valve switches between the two so I wouldn't save a pump. (I have three pumps total).Electricity is a non issue as last year PG&E owed me $30. (Solar) I appreciate the ideas though and I'll look up the mega robot for the future.

I can walk into a store right now and buy an iPhone 7 too, doesn't mean it isn't outdated. She wasn't implying that it is old, the implication is that with the advances in robotic cleaners, suction/pressure side cleaners that require a pump to run have become obsolete.

What is the exact suction cleaner you are using? Is it a "Poolvergnuegen", as shown in cowboycasey's post? I have one of those, too. The wheels just stopped turning, was an easy fix following these instructions:

While it was open, I realized that it was full of very fine dust from a dust storm we had earlier this year. Was quite a mess to clean up back then. Just thinking: If dust can hide there, then algae could hide there as well. Might be worth checking your cleaner.

yesterday I pulled my hose apart and guess what, I had some very fine algae inside the connection between the hoses, every single one... Interesting... I have only pulled them apart once when I replaced a couple hoses and this is the first time I have found anything like this....

Reactions: Fezick
I had some very fine algae inside the connection between the hoses

Yep, had that once too. Just in the connections. I guess, since they are floating they don't get properly chlorinated from the outside water, and they don't get flushed from the inside either. That's why I suggested in my first post to pull the segments apart (should it be one of those segmented hoses) and give them a good brush and soak.

I put some weights on my hose now so it floats a bit lower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.