Sealing a crack, how would you guys do it?

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
I have a fairly good crack in the bottom of my pool. It was there last season and I tried using A/B epoxy, but it didn't seem to work well. First of all I had trouble mixing it since it was such a large amount. The crack is pretty narrow but one side of it is popped up a bit from the other. So when I made a good sized piece I didn't feel like it got in place well.

Anyhow I noticed someone on another forum mention fiber glass cloth and underwater epoxy together. I had not come across that during my research last year, does anyone know how that would work?

I didn't know if I should try someone else underwater to seal under the lip, then put something over the top. Or if there is a better product to use in my situation than A/B sticks.

Side note, I do know this is not a perm solution. The quotes to drain and fix the FG are over 3k. So I am trying once again the squeeze some time out of using it. ;) I am just trying to come up with some temporary fix to keep the water from leaking.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

What is the width of the crack.....I know it varies but help us get a mental picture.

It's tapered down from about a 1/2 inch and about 6 inches long or so. With one side slightly higher than the other, maybe 1/4" difference. I hope there is someway to plug it up no matter how ugly. I just would like to get by until September if possible.

I am wondering also if the sides around it need roughed up some before applying anything?

Can you drain and do the work? If so, I would use polyurethane caulk. You would use "backer bead" where the crack is wide and then probably nothing where it is less than 1/4 inch.

That's a big crack....are you losing water?

Can you drain and do the work? If so, I would use polyurethane caulk. You would use "backer bead" where the crack is wide and then probably nothing where it is less than 1/4 inch.

That's a big crack....are you losing water?

We had a foot of rain last week and the water table is still way up, It's holding at the moment, but I bet it changes as things dry out. I am worried about draining it as there is some side bulging going on. :(

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.