NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Pool build had numerous delays along the way and now done but I have a question about the deck. We had stamped concrete poured about 4 weeks ago now so it’s technically cured. It’s a two toned beige color. Weather is getting cooler and will plan on closing and safety cover installed in the next 3 weeks or so. Should I bother sealing the concrete now? Or should I wait until the spring. I live in NJ so there’s a possibility of snow and pretty cold temps this winter. I’m thinking just seal it but figured I would poll the audience too.

Although not a concrete expert, I have stamped concrete. I sealed it after 30 days and could not wait to do so. When they stamped my concrete they used a release agent so the stamp does not stick. The concrete itself was colored and the release agent had color added. So the longer it sits to weather and traffic, the more that thin top color can wear off. But I don't deal with super cold temps so there might be an opinion on that.

Same thing that I have. It’s beige with brown tint blended in so I don’t want to lose that effect. I don’t like the “wet” look personally so I’ll probably use a penetrating sealant which will preserve the color without making it slippery or wet looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.