Scum line cleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Forest, VA
I am getting ready to close the pool, and have drained the water past the skimmer. I have about a 6in dark scum line around 3/4 of the pool above the initial waterline. I have read that magic eraser is good to use. I have bumped up my chlorine level to 11ppm to prepare for closing. Any thoughts on magic eraser? Is it ok at 11ppm to use? Thanks for any replies

I love the magic eraser! Just make sure you have several. It takes about 4 or so to thoroughly clean my waterline and be careful when it starts breaking down that you aren’t leaving pieces in the pool. I haven’t noticed any problems with them regardless of my FC level.

I love the magic eraser! Just make sure you have several. It takes about 4 or so to thoroughly clean my waterline and be careful when it starts breaking down that you aren’t leaving pieces in the pool. I haven’t noticed any problems with them regardless of my FC level.
Does a magic eraser not discolor your liner? I have an issue with the dark stains too, but afraid using the magic eraser would take the print off the liner.

Does a magic eraser not discolor your liner? I have an issue with the dark stains too, but afraid using the magic eraser would take the print off the liner.

My apologies!! I completely missed the fact that this was for a vinyl liner!! I was speaking solely regarding use on ceramic tile.
Be sure to test an inconspicuous place first to see how it reacts to the color on your liner. A scrub brush might be a better option though.

Someone else recently wrote in saying he/she used MagicEraser on their liner and ruined it. Please consider trying those pool scrubbing mitts and/or a plastic bristled brush before the eraser. Elbow grease will not hurt the liner, IMO.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.