aapoolron

Jul 11, 2021
Central Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The light on the side of our inground, vinyl-liner pool came out of the wall recently. See photos below. The screw was still in the hole at the top of the light. However, when I try to reattach it, the screw doesn’t catch in the hole in the wall. I took the screw out of the light and tried screwing it into the hole in the wall, with the same result. It seems like the screw is not thick enough. The threads on the screw itself do not appear to be stripped.

I ordered a new screw, but it’s much shorter than the existing one (and has the same

Also, there is a small metal piece around the screw (after the gum washer). Is it possible that this is part of what the screw is supposed to attach to and that it broke? Or is this piece something else?

I’ve found a few other threads about similar issues but haven’t been able to find a solution.

Any advice would be appreciated. If there’s other information that would be useful in finding a solution, please let me know.

Thanks!

99E51FB6-9E94-4656-AD52-E7D5BD54C03A.jpeg

3F2EF434-4FBB-4316-B9D4-57B5FDD97CC5.jpeg

It’s common for the tab on the light niche to strip or break off. They make a plastic wedge that will hold the light in the niche. Google “pool light wedge”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.