ScreenLogic2 not showing anything in the "Local Systems" of the Login Screen..

ScreenLogic2 not showing anything in the "Local Systems" of the Login Screen..

I have been talking to the Pentair tech about this problem, and they say it is a Network issue. They really do not seem to interested in helping with Network Issues or just cannot. I only have 1 wireless network so there should not be a problem, but there is lol... I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of what Router Settings I should check to get this to work. Having a starting point would be a lot of help compared to not having any clue of what to do. I seem to need this to update any firmware so any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Mike

Re: ScreenLogic2 not showing anything in the "Local Systems" of the Login Screen..

Mike, Did you just install Screen Logic, and have not gotten it to work yet? Or was it working, and then at some point started doing this? If new, describe how you have connected the protocol adapter to both your router, and to your automation.

Re: ScreenLogic2 not showing anything in the "Local Systems" of the Login Screen..

Mike, Did you just install Screen Logic, and have not gotten it to work yet? Or was it working, and then at some point started doing this? If new, describe how you have connected the protocol adapter to both your router, and to your automation.

The Pool company installed the Pentair System about a year ago and the software has been working. But without being on the same network as my computer I cannot update the Firmware. I only have one wireless network so I do not know how there could be any conflict.
The Protocol Adapter is connected by Ethernet too my Router. The 4 wire Connection cable is connected to the Indoor Wireless Transceiver right nest to the Protocol Adapter. I have tried to attach a Photo but am unsure it worked. Sorry if it did not.

asset.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180815_111923.jpg
    IMG_20180815_111923.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 51

If you have a laptop or a long Ethernet cable you can connect direct to the protocol adapter and do a firmware update there. Worst case, move the wireless and protocol adapter next to your desktop computer and hook it directly to your computer (after first downloading the firmware update). Then run the update.

Are you saying you can connect remotely through your phone? Is the problem connection with your phone, with your computer or both? The reason I ask if this is just a phone problem is it possible your phone wireless is turned off?

You say you only have one internet router? Ok, then try the "grand reboot." Shut power off to cable/dsl modem, wifi router & easytouch control center (throw the breakers), screen logic wireless and all other devices attached to the router.

Turn back on this order making sure each is fully functioning prior to going to next device:

1. Cable/dsl modem
2. Wireless router
3. EasyTouch control center
4. Screenlogic wireless router (this will power protocol adapter).
5. Rest of internet devices hooked to router. (wait to get screenlogic working first though).

With Dynamic internet addresses, all that should be reset to avoid any conflicts.

If this does not work, try the grand reboot again but first hit the reset buttons on all devices (wireless router and screen logic protocol adapters for sure...THIS MAY RESET PASSWORDS & OTHER SETTINGS TO FACTORY DEFAULTS).

Good luck and please report back.

What I've noticed in both the Android app and the PC App is that if you're on a different subnet, you won't see any "local" ScreenLogic Protocol Adapters if they're not on the same subnet. I have my SL protocol adapter on an isolated subnet, because it causes some other devices on my network to lock up. So the SL is running on 192.168.10.x, and my normal network is 192.168.0.x. Even though my router knows about both VLANs and can route traffic between the two, the SL Protocol adapter only shows up as a local device if I'm running the software on a devices on the same subnet(192.168.0.x).

From the pictures, I can see that your Protocol Adapter is hard-wired via ethernet cable to something (a router or switch most likely). You'll want your PC connected (via wire) to the same switch. If the switch has "LAN" and "WAN" ports, you'll want them both plugged into "LAN" ports so they're on the same routing subnet.

If your PC is connected via wireless, there's a decent chance that your wireless subnet is different than your wired subnet depending on what the Protocol Adapter is plugged into...and you'd run into what I was describing in my first paragraph.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.