Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello, I'm looking for some advice regarding the automation. Yesterday new iChlor30, InteliFlo 3HP and ET4 with ScreenLogic2 were installed. Everything looks good except I have problem to set up schedules. Using screenLogic2 and ScreenLogic config on my phone I have set up several schedules. They start normally, however they don't stop when they should.

Right now I have set the schedules:
- Pool 8am-4am
- pool high 6am - 7 am (I'm not sure if I set up this circuit properly, iChlor doesn't work with this)
- pool lights 8pm -9pm
- pool high 8pm - 9pm

After one day it looks like 8 hours at 1500 rpm (220 W) is enough to maintain ~ 3 ppm CL
I would like to have 2 hours at higher speed to clean the pool after we play with the dogs in the pool (to remove all dog hairs).

I used ScreenLogic Config to set up the circuits: (name / function / shown on on with freeze):
- SPA - SPA / SPA / Spe section / ON
- AUX1 - Pool light / generic / Feature Section / OFF
- AUX2 - Pool High / Generic / Feature Section / OFF
- AUX3 - Spillway / Generic / Feature Section / OFF (I have an additional question below)
- POOL - Pool / Pool / Pool section / ON
- Feature1 - Cleaner / Generic / Feature Section / OFF )I didn't do it it was already set up. Not sure what is it.

Pump:
- Spa 3000rpm
- pool 1600 rpm
- spilway 2500 rpm
- Cleaner 2900 rpm
- pool high 2900 rpm

Questions:
1. Why it doesn't end at the set time?
2. iChlor work ONLY with Pool function. Is it possible to have iChlor working also with other features e.g. Pool High? The "pool" circuit function is not available for other circuits.
3. I would like to change the "Spilloway" feature. It should work like SPA, except the pool drain should be open , not the spa drain. How to change settings of the valves for this?

I'm completely green with this automation thing and any advise will be deeply appreciated.

Not important for my questions above but just incase:
FC - 3
pH 7.2
TA -80
CYA - 40
CH - 320

Thank you,
Daniel

Daniel,

You should load ScreenLogic on a PC... It makes programming about 10 x easier to do and easier to understand.

Do you have a real EasyTouch or do you have a "lite" EasyTouch? Show us a pic of the front of the unit, showing the LCD and all the buttons..

The IChlor should only come on when the system is in the Pool mode or Spa mode. With your current schedules, this means it will only work between 8 am and 4 am.. It will not work between 4 am and 8 am.. It will do what you want if you just change the "Pool" circuit schedule to 8 am to 8 am and leave your Pool high schedule just the way it is now.

If you use your PC you can get pages like this...

If you want the Spillway circuit to work correctly you have to set the Circuit Function to "Spillway".. it can't be "Generic". In the Spillover mode, all the water is sucked from the pool, does not matter if from the skimmer or main drain, and all of it is sent to the spa.. The faster the pump runs the more water that will be spilled over.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Daniel,

You should load ScreenLogic on a PC... It makes programming about 10 x easier to do and easier to understand.

Do you have a real EasyTouch or do you have a "lite" EasyTouch? Show us a pic of the front of the unit, showing the LCD and all the buttons..

The IChlor should only come on when the system is in the Pool mode or Spa mode. With your current schedules, this means it will only work between 8 am and 4 am.. It will not work between 4 am and 8 am.. It will do what you want if you just change the "Pool" circuit schedule to 8 am to 8 am and leave your Pool high schedule just the way it is now.

If you want the Spillway circuit to work correctly you have to set the Circuit Function to "Spillway".. it can't be "Generic". In the Spillover mode, all the water is sucked from the pool, does not matter if from the skimmer or main drain, and all of it is sent to the spa.. The faster the pump runs the more water that will be spilled over.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I don't have PC, I am a Mac person. I tried to install Mac version, however Mac doesn't allow me to open it saying that the app is from unidentified vendor and is dangerous. I tried to turn off the security settings and still nothing :( Do you have any idea how to install it on Mac?

Daniel,

Thanks,

Jim R
Sorry, it's pool time for the dogs.

I think I can play with the schedules to get what I want, but the biggest problem I have is that the schedule doesn't stop. Do you have any idea why?
The pic of the panel is below
1628389900801.jpeg

Daniel,

You have an EasyTouch "lite"... It has a max of 4 schedules/programs/egg-timers...

The problem is that ScreenLogic will let you enter a bazillion schedules, but only four will work.

Double check and make sure all of your egg-timers are set to the default of 12 hours.. anything else will count as a program.

It is clear that something is working as your pic shows you not to be in the Pool or Spa mode.

If you don't have a problem with the egg-timers not be at default, then I suggest that we troubleshoot this one schedule at a time.. Erase all your schedules except Pool and set it to 8 am until 8 pm and see what happens.. Let the system come on, on its own... Let it turn off on its own.

Keep in mind that you should let the system do what it is supposed to do... If you turn your Pool circuit on or off manually, depending on when you do it, it will cause the system to become confused... Manually turning something on, can mean it will stay on for 12 hours or whatever the egg-timer is set to.. Manually turning something off can cause the system to miss the next on time. There is no issue switching between Pool and Spa mode using the "V" button or using the icons in ScreenLogic.. If you are in the Pool mode and want to switch to the Spa mode, just push the Spa icon.. Do not turn the Pool icon off and then turn on the Spa icon and visa-versa..

Let me know what you find..

Not many times you can say that a PC beats a MAC, but this is one of them.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you Jim, This is very helpful. I didn't even think to check egg timer and you were right, every single circuit wa set for 12 hours. I changed everything to 0, except spa 1 hour.

I thought that ET 4 means that I can have only 4 features but it doesn't limit the number of schedules. I chose ET 4 because I have only pool, spa and light. I deleted the cleaner circuit so now I have. Does SPA or POOL mode count as a separate feature?

- SPA - SPA / SPA / Spe section / ON
- AUX1 - Pool light / generic / Feature Section / OFF
- AUX2 - Pool High / Generic / Feature Section / OFF
- AUX3 - Spillway / Generic / Feature Section / OFF (I have an additional question below)
- POOL - Pool / Pool / Pool section / ON

This is second time I'm having problem with app install on Mac. I used to be a PC guy, but I need Mac for work. PC can not handle what I do :))))

I changed everything to 0, except spa 1 hour.

Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear... The egg-timer counts as a schedule if it is NOT set to the default of 12 hours.. 12 hours is good, anything else counts as a schedule.

A standard EasyTouch has a max of 12 schedules and 8 Feature Circuits.. The "lite" version of the EasyTouch (what you have) only has a max of 4 schedules and 2 Feature Circuits.. As a side note, the new IntelliCenter has a max of 100 schedules... :rolleyes:

Schedules are just that.. They have a start time and a stop time.. Your system has the following Standard Circuits...

Spa,
Pool
Aux 1
Aux 2
Aux 3
Feature 1
Feature 2

You can use all of the above. What you can't do is "schedule" more that 4 of them.. As an example.. You can have Aux 1 wired to turn on your pool light when you manually turn it on using ScreenLogic, or the button on the main panel.. This does not use a "schedule".. But, if you set up the light to come on at 8 pm and off at 9 pm.. That counts as a schedule.. If you set up the light to come on at 8 pm and off at 9 pm, then on again at 10 pm and off at 11 pm.. Wait for it..... That will count as TWO schedules. Stupid example, but it should get the point over about how schedules are counted..

The EasyTouch comes with either 4 or 8 relays... An EasyTouch 4 has 4 relays.. The Pump/Filter relay and Aux1, 2 and 3.. An EasyTouch 8 has 8 relays.. The Pump/Filter relay and Aux1 thru Aux7..

I am not a MAC guy, but I think the older Mac's could use ScreenLogic but the newer ones can't.. Something to do with a recent software change, but I'm not up on exactly why..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.