ScreenLogic2 hardwired Q (want to do without wireless interface)

Skypalace

Jun 25, 2020
Seattle area
Have an ET system, looked at ScreenLogic2 so I can control w/ app. Also have a hardwired (4-conductor) EasyTouch remote, as well as a wired poolside 4-button remote. Nothing currently wireless.

All the ScreenLogic2 'kits' have the wireless system as part of it, but my pool equipment is in an 'interior' room (corner of house) and it's straightforward for me to pull ethernet directly to the ET, or mount the protocol adapter in a media stack next door and run a 10-15' 4 conductor to the ET control panel, so I don't need wireless.

A couple of questions:
1) Is it just the Protocol Adapter and software download (PC and iPhone) that I need? I see part # 520500, which says protocol adapter only, but the picture shows something that looks like it has a wireless antenna. All the Pentair docs I see include the wireless kit.

2) Does the iPhone app allow me full control of my ET panel, or just the functions I can get with an ET remote? In particular, I'd like to be able to change mode to Service or TimeOut, and control the valves and filter on/off, versus just switch to the default programs (Pool, Spa, etc.). My 4 buttons are used (w 2 lights and a blower as well as Spa on/off), and there are a couple of other modes I currently manually do (Spa Fill and Spa Drain) w/ the control panel, that I'd like to be able to do from my phone.

3)

Last edited by a moderator:
(I originally posted this as a reply to Screenlogic protocol adapter direct to Easytouch load center but was advised to start a new thread)

I think this (what original thread discussed) is what I want to do, but want to verify a couple of things.

Have an ET system, looked at ScreenLogic2 so I can control w/ app. Also have a hardwired (4-conductor) EasyTouch remote, as well as a wired poolside 4-button remote. Nothing currently wireless.

All the ScreenLogic2 'kits' have the wireless system as part of it, but my pool equipment is in an 'interior' room (corner of house) and it's straightforward for me to pull ethernet directly to the ET, or mount the protocol adapter in a media stack next door and run a 10-15' 4 conductor to the ET control panel, so I don't need wireless.

A couple of questions:
1) Is it just the Protocol Adapter and software download (PC and iPhone) that I need? I see part # 520500, which says protocol adapter only, but the picture at the Pentair link for it below looks like it has a wireless antenna. All the Pentair docs I see include the wireless kit.

2) Does the iPhone app allow me full control of my ET panel, or just the functions I can get with an ET remote? In particular, I'd like to be able to change mode to Service or TimeOut, and control the valves and filter on/off, versus just switch to the default programs (Pool, Spa, etc.). My 4 buttons are used (w 2 lights and a blower as well as Spa on/off), and there are a couple of other modes I currently manually do (Spa Fill and Spa Drain) w/ the control panel, that I'd like to be able to do from my phone.

Sky,

The Protocol adapter is connected to the EasyTouch com port using a 4-wire cable on one end and with an Ethernet cable on the other end.. It is the interpreter between the two languages. That is all you should need if you hard wire it.. You can get the apps for the app store.. I really suggest that for programming and understanding how the system works, that you also put the program on your PC.. It is some much easier and more intuitive...

I had mine hard-wired, and my neighbor took a lightning strike, and I got was was left over.. It came in on my hard-wire and blew out the protocol adapter as well and my internet router and a couple of other things. I now use the wireless links..

You cannot put it in the Service or Timeout modes with ScreenLogic..

The Intake and Return valves cannot be programmed to move except for the pre-programmed Pool, Spa, and Spillway modes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.