Screenlogic connecting but does not communicate

tamanacoblue

Feb 25, 2022
Bradenton, Florida
Been using Pentair's ScreenLogic to control my pool and spa (all Pentair equipment) since November 2021, no problem. The iOS app loads and establishes a connection with the pool, but pressing buttons to turn the pump, spa, lights, etc on all fail - the app APPEARS to have established the connection but nothing happens pool side. I also get no reading updated current reading on pool/air temperature. I suspect the problem lies in the interface between SL and the EasyTouch 8 system but just guessing. BTW, the EasyTouch 8 is fully functional. All established timers and buttons work fine. It's only the remote access that is problematic. I saw this same post from 2018 but it had not responses. Any one have any idea's how I can troubleshoot or fix this problem.......I m thinking it might be a simple fix. Thank you!

Reactions: aug0211
T,

Just so that I understand..

You can use ScreenLogic to control the pool when you connect using your "local" network. But it does not work when you try to use "remote" access like you would use if you were away from your house. Is that true?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Been using Pentair's ScreenLogic to control my pool and spa (all Pentair equipment) since November 2021, no problem. The iOS app loads and establishes a connection with the pool, but pressing buttons to turn the pump, spa, lights, etc on all fail - the app APPEARS to have established the connection but nothing happens pool side. I also get no reading updated current reading on pool/air temperature. I suspect the problem lies in the interface between SL and the EasyTouch 8 system but just guessing. BTW, the EasyTouch 8 is fully functional. All established timers and buttons work fine. It's only the remote access that is problematic. I saw this same post from 2018 but it had not responses. Any one have any idea's how I can troubleshoot or fix this problem.......I m thinking it might be a simple fix. Thank you!
Did you ever find a fix to this?

Hey super late reply, but the ScreenLogic adapter that's in your house is super sensitive and can disconnect if moved even a few inches. We just had to move it a bit higher and made sure that the solid green light was on and not blinking. Super silly but that was it!

Hey super late reply, but the ScreenLogic adapter that's in your house is super sensitive and can disconnect if moved even a few inches. We just had to move it a bit higher and made sure that the solid green light was on and not blinking. Super silly but that was it!
Thank you for sharing this! Pool company has not yet replaced and it kind of drives me nuts not being able to manage it remotely, so I appreciate the encouragement to keep trying.

Would you mind snapping a photo of how it's supposed to look when working correctly? Or even just letting me know which lights specifically you expect to be on at all times vs flashing/intermittent?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.