Scored muriatic acid at Walmart

Nice find Kev !!! People can find steals this time of year anywhere that they carry pool stuffs in the seasonal aisle. @jseyfert3 was debating a round or rectangle Intex and found a round one at 1/3 price (from another eagle eye member) which promptly ended his debate. :ROFLMAO:

Good find!

This is a perfect reminder that my go-to place to buy liquid chlorine had none in stock by the middle of September last year, and my basement stickpile is down to 4 gallons. I need to go replenish before they stop carrying it for the year!

Reactions: Newdude
I think it’s funny that it’s on clearance. It’s not like people quit taking care of their pools at any point of the year here. We still have at least another month before the water starts to cool down.

Reactions: Sunnydaze
I think it’s funny that it’s on clearance. It’s not like people quit taking care of their pools at any point of the year here. We still have at least another month before the water starts to cool down.

I thought the same thing. They've also stopped ordering liquid chlorine which sucks. I'll have to get it elsewhere now.

Reactions: Nikilyn
It does seem like a great price, and not to rain on parade, but just today I bought MA 31.45% 2gal pack HDX @ HmDep Crismon/Southern Mesa for $12.98. Right next to it sat pallet of same brand but the 15% strength 2gal pack for $11. Neither on 'sale'. That $11 compared to OP's $7.44 on the surface seems like a very nice find, a steal in fact. This is a good example of how big companies trick us with advertising into thinking we won.
Needing to use 2x qty of MA at 15% vs 31% even at what seems to be an incredible discount, is still costing more $ to treat your pool, by about $1 per gallon. These companies should be ashamed for these tactics.

It does seem like a great price, and not to rain on parade, but just today I bought MA 31.45% 2gal pack HDX @ HmDep Crismon/Southern Mesa for $12.98. Right next to it sat pallet of same brand but the 15% strength 2gal pack for $11. Neither on 'sale'. That $11 compared to OP's $7.44 on the surface seems like a very nice find, a steal in fact. This is a good example of how big companies trick us with advertising into thinking we won.
Needing to use 2x qty of MA at 15% vs 31% even at what seems to be an incredible discount, is still costing more $ to treat your pool, by about $1 per gallon. These companies should be ashamed for these tactics.

Yeah home depot always had 31% for $13. I just prefer the half strength because i got tired of the wind blowing the fumes in my face so I'm willing to pay extra for the half stength. But this clearance price is a much better price that what I've been paying.

Reactions: kimkats
Kevin, If you're looking for CL, I just posted in another thread about some local hasa dealers. Basically getting guaranteed fresh 12.5% CL vs the bigbox store 10%, possible cpl month old, CL for close to same price. But the HDep location I mentioned in prev def has pallets of the 10% 2gal for around $9 in garden ctr and also right at the entrance to the store on the right if you dont want to do the hasa program. Suggest you, or anyone, pay attn to the date codes stamped on the boxes because I've not found a mfg date closer than 2mo in the last 6 months of buying these in my local Hd or L*wes, suggesting the 10% is not really 10% by the time you dump it in the pool.

It’s the end of the pool season at Walmart in WNC. I can keep my pool open until the end of October sometimes so I stock up on reduced stuff right now. Pool bleach is $3.74 a gallon at the moment. It’s holding its price but there’s plenty to be had.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think it’s funny that it’s on clearance
Where you been the last 20 years ?

The back to school stuff was put up while the kids were STILL in school, Halloween costumes have been for sale since, and I’m expecting the Xmas displays any day now. :laughblue:

Reactions: Selenap
Where you been the last 20 years ?

The back to school stuff was put up while the kids were STILL in school, Halloween costumes have been for sale since, and I’m expecting the Xmas displays any day now. :laughblue:
LOL! I get all the holidays being out WAY too early but this seems different for here since we don’t close our pools. We have to take care of them all year round. As for Christmas displays, just go to Hobby Lobby. They’ve had Christmas for a few weeks 🤪.

I suspect the cost to manufacture HCl is less than the distribution and shipping costs, as I’ve never seen half strength muriatic acid in the Midwest that was not the same or more expensive than full strength.

I buy full strength at Menards for $3.99/gallon. They sell half strength for $6.50/gallon.

Home Depot only stocks half strength for almost $10/gallon, unless the store sells full strength in two packs for $12/pack.

Needless to say I buy my acid at Menards, full strength.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.