Scheduling pentair intellichlor with easytouch

Aug 4, 2015
Anaheim
Hi!
I am having trouble scheduling intellichlor to TURN ON when my afternoon CLEANING schedule begins. Only CLEANING turns on - the pump turns on but intellichlor remains off (no lights on). Intellichlor turns on with morning POOL filtering, but just not in the afternoon.

I know there is a way to turn on Intellichlor to coincide with CLEANING (pump on) in the afternoon. I am just not finding it.
many thanks.

I looked in the SCHEDULE menu and it does not list Intellichlor. I am looking at the wrong menu and simply need to make the salt generator turn on along with the afternoon cleaning.

I do not find anything in the manual regading this.
thanks
chas.

Chas,

The SWCG will only turn on when in the Pool or Spa mode... My guess is that you have your cleaner set up as with the "Cleaner" function... I would suggest you make the function "Generic" and just have your cleaner come on during the time that your in the "Pool" mode...

Do you have ScreenLogic?

With nothing in your signature we all have to guess what you have and what you don't have...

What kind of cleaner do you have and how is it turned on? Is it controlled by a Feature circuit, or by an Aux circuit, or ?????

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Foosman!
I have had it scheduled before by using the panel at the equipment. I do not recall the button clicks to do it again. I can call pentair tech phone in the morning. Just thought someone knew the steps. Frustrating how simple this should be for me! I only recall that I have to have both (intellichlor AND pump) turn on at the same time. I cannot find where to force intellichlor to turn on and conincide with pump. it does just fine in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for you input. Yes, I believe I got it working. My pool was originally set up to chlorinate in morning and afternoon. In the afternoon it coincided with the high speed CLEANING mode. It worked fine. Then it didn't. (The chlorinator would not power up.) I called Pentair tech support and we got it working again with the original two schedules. Then, once again, it stopped working. I cannot recall our exact steps. So since, as you stated, it only works in POOL or SPA mode, I abandoned the idea of having two schedules and now just have one 8 hour schedule where high-speed CLEANING comes on during the last two hours of the 8 hours (during POOL mode). High-speed CLEANER mode speed overrides the slower speed of POOL mode. So the CHLORINATOR is to remain on. We'll see. I will check pool at noon today to see if CLEANER and CHLORINATOR are both on for the last two hours during pool mode. I got the idea for having one long uninterrupted schedule from this video at 38 minutes: Pool School: How to Program Your Pentair Easytouch Automation by Presidential Pools, Spas Patio - YouTube

Hi, just read your post and glad to hear you are up and running. When you talk about high speed cleaning if it is an in floor system and truely high flow pentair recommends a bypass loop or damage to the swcg can occur. If it is simply a reasonable increase in speed you should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.